Where to buy Betnovate with Visa or MasterCard?
Get 26% off from All-Medications.biz:
Remember this discount coupon code: abxlist
Tip: How to Use Coupon Code?
1. Go to All-Medications.biz.
2. Choice products and click "Add to cart".
3. Go to "Checkout" and enter your credit card Visa or MasterCard info.
4. Type or paste the coupon code abxlist above in the "Discount Coupon" box and press button "Add".
5. Complete your purchase.
Betnovate cream, ointment and lotion all contain the active ingredient betamethasone valerate, which is a type of medicine called a topical corticosteroid.
Betnovate is a potent corticosteroid.
Corticosteroid is indicated for reducing inflammation.
Inflammation of the skin happens as a result of allergy or irritation of the skin, and is caused by the release of various substances that are important in the immune system.
The active ingredient is formulated in a moisturising base that provides a layer of oil on the surface of the skin, helping to prevent water from evaporating from the skin surface.
These substances cause blood vessels to widen and result in the irritated area becoming red, swollen, itchy and painful, such as is seen in dermatitis or eczema.
This helps reduce the dryness, scaling and itching of skin conditions such as eczema.
When Betnovate is applied to the skin it works by acting inside the cells to decrease the release of these inflammatory substances. This reduces swelling, redness and itch.
Betnovate is indicated for:
- Thickened skin rash caused by excessive scratching to relieve itching (neurodermatitis);
- Skin inflammation due to allergies or irritants (allergic contact dermatitis or irritant contact dermatitis);
- Skin disorder causing a flat, itchy, violet rash, usually on the wrists, shins, lower back and genitals (lichen planus);
- Intense and widespread reddening of the skin (generalised erythroderma) in combination with oral or injected corticosteroids;
- Inflammatory skin disease known as discoid lupus erythematosus (DLE);
- Inflammatory skin condition with greasy, red and scaly areas (seborrhoeic dermatitis);
- Area of thickened itchy skin caused by rubbing and scratching (lichen simplex);
- An eruption of hard nodules in the skin accompanied by intense itching (prurigo nodularis);
Betnovate is contraindicated if you have any of the following conditions:
- Acne rosacea;
- Acne vulgaris;
- Areas of skin that are very thin and fragile or have broken veins;
- Avoid contact of this medicine with open wounds and with the eyes and the moist membranes lining the inside of certain parts of the body, eg mouth, nasal passages (mucous membranes) Rinse with cold water if accidental contact occurs;
- Bacterial skin infection that is not secondary to the eczema or dermatitis, (primary infection, eg impetigo);
- Children under one year old;
- Consult your doctor if your symptoms don't improve, or get worse in the first seven days of treatment Do not use this medicine for longer than five days without consulting your doctor;
- Fungal skin infections, eg athlete's foot, ringworm, candida skin infections;
- If corticosteroids are indicated long term, on large areas of skin, raw skin, skin folds, or under airtight dressings (including nappies) they are absorbed into the body more This increases the risk of local side effects such as skin thinning, and those on other parts of the body, such as a decrease in the production of natural hormones by the adrenal glands For this reason, continuous, long-term use of this medicine should be avoided wherever possible, particularly in children and on large areas of;
- If you are pregnant, trying for a baby or breast-feeding;
- If you have any areas of infected skin;
- If you suffer from acne rosacea;
- If you suffer from perioral dermatitis (skin rash around the mouth);
- If you suffer from widespread plaque psoriasis (large areas of raised, inflamed, red lesions covered by a silvery white scale);
- If you think the area of skin you are treating has become infected you should stop using this medicine and consult your doctor;
- If your doctor has advised you to use dressings with this medicine, the skin should be cleansed before reapplying the cream under a fresh dressing;
- Inflammatory rash around the mouth (perioral dermatitis);
- Itchy skin around the genitals or anus;
- Skin ulcers;
- This medicine is for external use on the skin only;
- This medicine should be applied thinly and evenly to the affected area(s) as directed by your doctor;
- This medicine should not be indicated for longer than five days on the face or in children;
- Tuberculosis affecting the skin;
- Viral skin infections such as chickenpox or herpes simplex;
- Wash your hands thoroughly after applying this medicine, unless the hands are the area being treated;
- Widespread plaque psoriasis;
Betnovate side effects that you should report to your health care professional or doctor as soon as possible:
- Changes in skin pigmentation;
- Excessive hair growth (hypertrichosis);
- Groupings of fine blood vessels becoming prominent under the skin (telangiectasia);
- Skin irritation eg itching burning stinging;
- Stretch marks (striae);
- Thinning of the skin;
- Burningof skin;
- Discoloration of skin;
- Feelingor being sick;
- Spreadand worsening of untreated infection;
- Thinning of the skin;
Other Brand Names
In some countries Betnovate may also be known as:
- Betnovate diproprionate;
- Betnovate valerate;